Saturday, August 13, 2011

It's (only) a Ten!

Ten, ten, ten. Stupid ten.

I was supposed to run 11-12 miles today. My own stupidity made it only a 10. I got the wrong route in my mind and failed to check my mapmyrun account prior to running, and I only ended up with a tenner. DAMN. I was all ready to run 12.

The good news is that
1) my route included 2 hills (Harbor hill .71mi and Gilbert hill 1.09mi)
2) I averaged 9:30 pace, and
3) best of all, my body felt great. No leg pain, no blisters, no lung anguish. Ended my run barely winded and feeling fine.
So hooray. I know I could have done 2 more miles. I am very disappointed I didn't get to execute. Now I'm worried I will be behind on my training. I'm going back down to 5 miles next weekend (hopefully doing a 9:00 pace). Maybe if I do 3 miles tomorrow it will make up for it? Ahhhhh hating life right now.

In body news, I think my abdominals are really changing, albeit slowly. Travis estimates I will be exactly where I want to be in December. Fingers crossed. I will need to do a "Before and After" pic and testimonial for him. And my arms are always killer. Sometimes I will just stare at my arms in windows as I pass. Does that make me narcissistic? Yes, but I deserve to be because I work hard for these arms!

Let's talk about music, shall we?
I've got a couple ("COUPLE!") of songs I *must* have on my running playlist.

Best for pacing: "My Life Would Suck Without You" - Kelly Clarkson
Best for taking your mind off the actual running: "Yakko's Nation's of the World" - Yakko Warner
Yes, you read correctly. I've almost got it memorized.
Best for slowing pace down: "Only You" - Yazoo
Best for powering up hills: "Club Can't Handle Me" - Flo Rida or "Shots" - LMFAO
Yeah yeah, I know. but seriously, great running song)
Best for final push: "Requiem for a Dying Song" - Flogging Molly

Other must-haves:
"Resistance" - Muse (YES!! Top 5)
"Shine A Light" - McFly
"Nowhere Left to Run" - McFly
"About You Now" - Sugababes
"Check Yes Juliet" - We The Kings
"3" - Britney (because I NEED my girl in there somewhere!)

Ugh, I'm still depressed about the tenner. Maybe I'll be over it tomorrow. "But I douuuubt it"

2 comments:

  1. You win some, you lose some. Congrats regardless.

    Also, Muse "Resistance" is definitely one of the top running songs of all time. Almost makes up for the LMFAO. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lise, next time you run a steep hill, I want to you listen to Shots, and you tell me how fast you speed up that incline. I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete