Monday, August 15, 2011

"In Your Face, Last Saturday Me!"

"Think about it... you'd be in competition with yourself."
"That's my favorite kind!"

After stewing about that damn tenner on Saturday, I took Sunday to calm down and decide it wasn't a big deal to not run the full 11 like my schedule says to.
And then I said, "Eff that, I'm running 11."

So today, after training with Trav (who Tiger Tail-ed a HUGE knot in my left quad, ahhhhhhh), I ran 12. That's right, kids. 12.

SUCK IT, SATURDAY MELISSA! MONDAY MELISSA KICKED YOUR ASS!

Melissa, really? You couldn't do one more mile and make it a half-marathon length?
No, wiseass. Well, yes I could have done one more mile. However, I am scheduled to do the 13 a week from Saturday so I thought I should just wait. So shut it.

12 miles, 3 hills (Gilbert hill part II, Harbor hill, annnnnd Rosecrans hill East), and a total time of 1:52. woohoo, that's like a lower 9-minute pace. Solid. Which means, that on a flat course and one more month of training, I should run that half-marathon in under 2 hours no problem. Awesome.

Oh, and note to my digestive tract: any chance I could get in a long run sans the fear? That would be great... thanks. I'm sick of running into fast food joints and messing up my "groove."

PS: HAPPY (2-HOURS-TIL) BIRTHDAY, PRECIOUS! (Scott turns 25 tomorrow, Aug 16!)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get your "groove" back. And don't call me wiseass ;)

    ReplyDelete